The long awaited traffic signal project, at the intersection of Route 9 and Dows Lane, has been completed. The Village and School District have appealed to the NYSDOT (New York State Department of Transportation) for years to install this signal.
Dows Lane School parents and staff are especially gratified that this signal was installed for overall safety.
Throughout the month of July, Irvington Recreation and Parks Department will continue with its "Riverside Concert Series" and "Family Movie Series" held at Matthiessen Park. Saturday, July 29 from 6:00PM-8:00PM, Powderfinger will be performing favorites from the 60’s, 70’s, and all the way to today’s tops hits! Later that evening at around 8:50PM, there will be a showing of the movie Dreamer. The movie stars Dakota Fanning and Kurt Russell and is rated PG.
July and August Board of Trustees Meeting Items
• Designate 6 spaces on Bridge St. as 2-hour parking (from 6- hour) to help provide spaces for residents using Matthiessen Park during the week.
• Proposed cable TV franchise agreement with Verizon.
• Leaf Collection regulations.
• A resolution to the New York State Department of Transportation in support of reducing the 40 mph speed limit on Route 9 in Irvington to 30 mph.
• Award a contract for the Town Hall Theatre Sound System replacement.
August Board Meetings:
August 2: Planning Board 7:00 pm.
August 14: Recreation & Parks Advisory Committee at 7:30 pm at the Senior Citizens Center and Architectural Review Board 8:00 pm.
August 16: Village Board Work Session 7:00 pm.
August 21: Village Board 7:00 pm.
August 22: Zoning Board 8:00 pm.
August 28: Architectural Review Board 8:00 pm.
August 31: Environmental Conservation Board 8:00 pm.
****All Meetings Held At Village Hall (85 Main Street) Unless Stated Otherwise****
Call 591-7070 for more information.