The following notations are from June/July Planning Board and Trustee activity over the past 30 days. They are intended to bring the reader up to date on official Village activity.
Joint Meeting on June 19 of the Planning Board and the Board of Trustees to approve SEQRA findings for Ferry Landing.
Approval by Board of Trustees on June 20 for Ferry Landings zoning amendments.
• Village Administrator report on project status. Fire Department locations announced for Rt. 119 and corner of Meadow and Sheldon. Neperan Rd. repaving underway and Neperan Park also being reconditioned for public use.
• Approval July l7 of a contract between the Village and JMOA Engineering for construction management of the new Village Hall/Police Station. Approval of a contract with McLaren Associates for design and and construction oversight services regarding shoreline rehabilitation for Pierson Park. Consideration of a contract with National Metering Services of Kearny, NJ for the installation of new water meters.
• Announcement of a town employee photo ID system that will allow proper identification of employees as it relates to their interface with citizens and various Village projects.
• Approval of "no left hand turn" out of the downtown South Broadway parking lot.
• Request to the New York State Department of Transportation to limit Route 9 speed to 30mph in the Villages of Tarrytown and Irvington.