“Westchester has one of the most highly educated workforces in the country, and we know that CEOs, entrepreneurs and business owners are looking for young and talented professionals. They are seeking people like you,” Gordon told the honorees during her remarks at 800 Westchester Avenue in Rye Brook. “What’s great about the Rising Stars program and our winners is that they are a reflection of the community. They are reflection of the creativity, drive, energy and can-do spirit of the young professionals in Westchester County.”
This year’s winners represent a wide-range of professionals from various backgrounds including marketing, advertising, public safety, government, media, health care, education, social work, hospitality and nonprofits, among others. The selection process was competitive and led by Maria Bronzi, Director at Altium Wealth Management. Bronzi, who is chair of the Rising Stars program, received “40 Under 40” honors in 2011.
During the ceremony, County Executive Robert P. Astorino commended The BCW and the Rising stars program, saying that each has strengthened Westchester and its business climate.
“This annual reception is a Westchester tradition, but the Rising Stars program has become a Westchester institution. It is part of what makes this county a special place to live and work,” said Astorino. “The Business Council appreciates talent. Westchester has a lot of it, which is why this award is so coveted. And the Business Council cultivates talent, giving our young professionals the resources they need to thrive in their careers. Thank you to the Business Council for conceiving of the program and growing it over the years.”
News12’s Tara Rosenblum, who earned “40 Under 40” honors in 2007, was the emcee. Michael J. Fosina, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of New York Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, gave the keynote address.
The awards were given out on June 11 at 800 Westchester Avenue, Rye Brook. The annual awards ceremony is modeled after the national business recognition program “Forty under Forty” and Rising Stars is specifically designed to recognize individuals under the age of 40 who exemplify leadership, foresight and a vision for the future of Westchester County. Winners were selected based on professional and/or entrepreneurial accomplishments, demonstrated leadership qualities and professional and/or business affiliations.
The 2015 Rising Stars are as follows:
- Jessica Antonette, CEO/Owner, JTonezMusic Corp.
- Jennifer Bannan, Director of Advertising & Marketing, Thompson & Bender
- Vincenzo Battaglia, Police Sergeant, White Plains Department of Public Safety
- David Buchwald, New York State Assemblyman
- Donvil Collins, Founder & President, VeeKast
- Andrea Contreras, Manager, Client Services, Altium Wealth Management
- Anthony D’Arpino, Founder & Owner, Harrison Wine Vault
- Andrew Edge, AVP – Business Banking & Commercial Lender, Sterling National Bank
- April Fatato Grundman, Onsite Owner and Educational Director, The Goddard School Yorktown
- Bonnie Fogarty, Executive Director, Community YMCA
- Megan Gann, Business Development Manager, Westchester Hills Golf Club
- Anna Geller, Director, Business Analysis & Acquisitions, Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
- Richard Giacovas, Producer/on air talent, News 12
- Jeffrey Hogan, Energy & Sustainability Manager, Montefiore Hospital
- Kelvin Joseph, Chief Operating Officer, Steiner Sports
- Nikhil Kumar, Vice President, Undergraduate Enrollment Management, Manhattanville College
- Ashley Ley, Technical Director, AKRF, Inc
- Anthony Luisi, Associate, Cuddy & Feder LLP
- Kimberly Mallard, Senior Vice President, Executive Operations, Tommie Copper
- Anna Linda Marciano, Assistant General Counsel, Heineken USA, Incorporated
- Ryan McAuliffe, Vice President, M&T Bank
- Jaime McGill, Executive Director, Yonkers Industrial Development Agency
- Alan Murray, Chief Executive Officer, North Shore-LI CareConnect Insurance Company, Inc.
- Erin Nesbitt, Director, Program Management, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Jessica Oliva, CEO, Fit Mama 4 Life
- Jill Ortiz, VP Finance & Accounting, Diamond Properties
- Linda Parry, CEO, Product Launchers
- Christopher Phillips Senior Vice President, Product Platform and Technology, Mindspark Interactive.
- Regina Poniros-Simonetti, Controller, Robert Martin Company LLC
- David Putrino, Director, Telemedicine and Virtual Rehabilitation, Burke Medical Research Institute
- Amit Rajani, CEO, General Dentist, Yonkers Avenue Dental
- John Rubbo, Founder and “Brew-EO,” Yonkers Brewing Company
- Eliza Scheibel, Associate, Wilson Elser
- Timothy Schlauraff, Department Manager, Consolidated Edison of NY
- Jamell Scott, Dean of Scholars and Families/Athletic Director Amani Public Charter School
- Diana Seo, Owner, B Spa & Salon
- Nicholas Singer, Managing Member, Purchase Capital
- Loren Ward, Vice President, Financial Advisor, Merrill Lynch
- John White III, Firefighter, City of Yonkers Fire Department
- Eleni Zimmerman, Social Work Advanced Clinician, NewYork Presbyterian Hospital – Eating Disorders Unit
[blockquote color=blue]The county’s largest and most influential business membership organization, The Business Council of Westchester is committed to helping businesses market, learn, advocate and grow. In addition, The Business Council of Westchester is actively involved in reviewing federal, state and county legislation and regulations in order to assess the potential impact on the business community and to influence the outcomes through advocacy when the business community’s interests may be affected. It also acts as an information resource for the business community and government leaders at all levels. [/blockquote]