The Bronx River Parkway southbound Exit 12 Crane Road and the southbound entrance ramp from Fenimore Road to the southbound parkway will be closed nights on Tuesday, July 9; Wednesday, July 10; and Thursday, July 11 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., weather permitting.
These closures are in addition to previously announced daytime northbound closures on the parkway from the Sprain Brook Parkway in Yonkers to the Westchester County Center (Exit 22) in White Plains currently underway weekdays until Friday, July 19 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Starting July 9, the following parkway ramp and local street closures will be in effect from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.:
- Southbound Fenimore Road entrance ramp to the southbound parkway will be closed.
- Southbound exit ramp to Crane Road Exit 12 will be closed.
- Crane Road westbound from Chase Road to East parkway will be closed.
- East Parkway southbound from Crane Road to Christie Place will be closed.
For the local street closures, a detour will be posted using Chase Road and Christie Place.
The southbound parkway will have intermittent stoppages for approximately 5-10 minutes while heavy equipment is moved. Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes. Numerous variable message signs are being used in both directions to alert motorists of these closures.
These closures are necessary for preparation work to install 12 precast box beams over the Metro-North Harlem Line Railroad at the parkway’s Crane Road Bridge vicinity as part of the Crane Road Bridge Replacement Project on the Bronx River Parkway.
The project began last summer and will take three years to complete. For additional information, contact Westchester County Department of Public Works and Transportation at 995-2555. Full details on this project are available at westchestergov.com/craneroadbridge. Sign up for special email alerts on this project at http://www3.westchestergov.com/subscribe.