September 30 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$3 – $13
Friends of Odell House Rochambeau Headquarters Present
Featuring George Washington’s Revolutionary War Tents & Encampment, from Philadelphia’s Acclaimed Museum of the American Revolution
Come see what life was like during the 1781 Encampment of American and French troops in Greenburgh!
• Tour Washington’s Revolutionary War Tents and Encampment, guided by historic interpreters from the Museum of the American Revolution.
• Meet George Washington, Le Comte de Rochambeau, and Ben Franklin.
• See military marching and drills by re-enactors of the 5th New York Regiment and Hearts of Oak.
• Toys, games, and activities for kids; demonstrations of Colonial cooking, wool spinning, blacksmithing, and more!
• Learn about the role Odell House Rochambeau Headquarters played in the 1781 encampment and how this historic site is being restored.
Saturday, September 30, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Admission is $10 for ages 13+; $5 for ages 3-12 and active service members/veterans (with ID). Children under 3 are free. Pay when you park with cash, check or Visa, MasterCard and Discover cards. No electronic payments.
Hart’s Brook Park & Preserve, 156 Ridge Road, Hartsdale, N.Y.
Parking at Ridge Road Park, 287 Ridge Road, Hartsdale, N.Y. Free shuttle bus service to the nearby event. Handicap parking available at the Hart’s Brook Park site.
This event is brought to you by Friends of Odell House Rochambeau Headquarters and the Town of Greenburgh. It is part of the Hudson River Valley Ramble, an event series that celebrates the history, culture, and natural resources of the Hudson River Valley.
Funding provided by Friends of Odell House Rochambeau Headquarters, Maurice D. Hinchey Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area, Town of Greenburgh and Westchester County.