- This event has passed.
Announcing our next FREE “A Matter of Balance Class- Spring 2022: Virtual”
May 31 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
AMOB (A Matter of Balance)- is an evidenced based falls management program for older adults
Are you concerned about falling? Are you interested in improving flexibility, balance & strength?
Are you 60 yrs. or older? Are you ambulatory? Are you able to problem solve?
The MOB Program
• Acknowledges the risk of falling
• Emphasizes practical coping strategies to reduce the fear of falling
o Falls and Fear of Falls is controllable
o Setting realistic goals for increased activities
o Changing the environment to reduce fall risk (extrinsic factors)
o Promoting exercise to increase strength and balance (intrinsic factors)
AMOB is an 8-session program, meeting twice weekly, for 4 weeks (16 hours)
AMOB’s Goal- to reduce the fear of falling, to stop the “fear of falling” cycle & to increase realistic activity levels
Each class is set-up to enable participants to engage in:
• Group Discussions about their fears of falling
• Skill building
• Assertiveness training
• Exercise training
• Sharing practical solutions
• Cognitive Re-structuring- learning to shift from negative to positive thinking patterns ; thinking about something in a different way